Wednesday 17 September 2014

Today I made some art...



To some the above four screenshots may not seem like much, but to me they are a creative break in a long period of time where I have suffered from (without wanting to sound totally pretentious) "artist's block". The trouble with moving home to my parents' house for summer was not only lack of physical space, but a shortage of space to think and be free to do weird arty "me" things. As a result, I ended up spending countless hours in the library looking for research and "inspiration" on the internet, getting deeper and deeper into the wanting to make "logical" art work as a product of research. The moment I stopped thinking and just did something, I felt far more accomplished than trawling through pages of artists work wishing I was as witty and clever as them. So I'm just leaving this here as a reminder to stop over thinking stuff and JUST DO SOMETHING!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment