Thursday 12 June 2014

Weird, busy week

Haven't really had the time to post since last week, as I have been swamped with various work and social things. Last Saturday, after a pretty unsuccessful morning trying to go to a car boot sale with my housemates (it rained), I went out for dinner with Will's parents and their family friends. It was all good until I woke up at 3am chundering my guts up. Bad times. I think it was probably food poisoning or sun stroke as I felt really ill during the day too. It took a while to recover as I really hate being ill; it completely freaks me out, so I end up having pseudo-symptoms for a while after due to the mere anxiety of it all.

Yesterday marked the launch event for the re-development project I've been involved in with Uni; re-decorating the children's audiology department with a "secret garden" theme, at the Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading. We had a great turn out for the event, with local news papers and even ITV meridian news in attendance. It's been a long process fundraising for the materials we needed, but it's all paid off in the end. Our blog shows the progress made on the project here.

I felt bad being so ill over the weekend as me and Will were supposed to go out for his friend Joe's birthday on the sunday, but couldn't. So I ended up arranging to go to Nandos with the guys on Wednesday evening, which was pretty funny. It feels good that they've accepted me as "one of the lads" now haha. It definitely makes for more interesting banter and less awkwardness.

No comments:

Post a Comment