Monday 7 July 2014

London Adventures: Hayward Gallery, Camden & Goodge St. Walks...

On Saturday I spent the day wandering around London with the girls, but I didn't really take any photos. Before I met up with them however, I went to see "My Best Thing" (2011) by Frances Stark at the Hayward Gallery project space. This work intrigued me as my current art practice concerns communications and dialogues of the real vs. online reality. I found it pretty funny as well and it definitely gave me some ideas for future pieces. 

Sunday, I persuaded Will to leave the cave that is his bedroom and go on an adventure with me! The day was pretty aimless, but we took some lunch with us and got the train up to Victoria, and first went on to Camden Town from there. Circa my "emo" stage around the age of 13-16 (Will had this too), Camden was a magical place for me; so many alternative, unique shops selling the "weird shit" I was totally into back then. This time, we found Camden a bit underwhelming to say the least. I was horrifically busy and the coercive sales-people trying to lure you into their stalls seem to have got ten times more annoying than before! Needless to say, we did not spend much time there. A bit disappointed and lacking ideas of things to do, we got back on the tube til Goodge Street, as Will thought it sounded funny (guys are the height of maturity). From here, we wandered past shops, UCL and Imperial, the British Museum, Holborn, Somerset House, Victoria Embankment Gardens, the Southbank, before eventually ending up at Blackfriars, where we got the train home. 
I don't think I could ever get bored of just wandering around London. It's forever changing with so much to see and do, even just people watching is fun. 

 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment